Bardia Jungle Safari

  • Destination Nepal

Bardia Jungle Safari is another popular outdoor activity in Bardia National Park, located in the Terai region of Nepal. The safari offers an opportunity to see a variety of wildlife in its natural habitat. This Bardia National Park Tour is suitable for all nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers of all ages. Compared to the famous Chitwan National Park, Bardia National Park is less disturbed and lets visitors enjoy true tranquillity.

Bardia National Park covers an area of 968 square kilometres (374 square miles) and is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna. The national park includes over 400 species of birds, 50 species of mammals, and more than 30 species of reptiles. The park is known for its large populations of Bengal tigers, rhinoceroses, and crocodiles too. So it is a popular destination for wildlife lovers.

Sal forests cover 70% of the park, whereas the remaining 30% is made up of mixtures of savannah, grassland, and riverine forest. Thakurdwara is the headquarters of the Bardia National Park. This national park used to be a hunting reserve and became a conservation area in 1976. It was established as a Bardia National Park in 1988.

There are several ways to experience Bardia jungle safaris, including jeep safaris, elephant safaris, and boat safaris. Jeep safaris are a popular option among other options. The jeep safari offers the opportunity to cover a large area of the park and see a variety of wildlife. Elephant safaris are a more intimate way to explore the park. It allows trekkers to get closer to the animals and explore areas that are inaccessible by jeep. Boat safaris are a great way to see aquatic wildlife, such as crocodiles and river dolphins.

The Bardia jungle safari also offers the opportunity to learn about the local culture and way of life. The park is home to several Tharu villages. Tharus are the native people and malaria-resisted people. The trekkers can visit these villages and learn about the Tharu people and their traditions. The traditional stick dance of Tharus is very well known.

Overall, Bardia Jungle Safari is a must-do activity for anyone interested in nature and wildlife in Nepal. The safari offers an opportunity to see a wide variety of animals in their natural habitat. It also offers the opportunity to learn about the local cultures and ways of life.


Expand allCollapse all

Today, our representative meet you at your hotel in the morning. He will assist you in reaching Kathmandu airport to catch your flight to Nepalgunj. Someone from the Hotel pick you up from Napalgunj airport and take you to the hotel. Brief the program, check in the room and rest before you go village tour.

After your lunch, your nature guide will lead you to visit the crocodile breeding centre. Then you continue to explore the jungle and Tharu village before back to the hotel. In the evening, you have a cultural program and a wonderful dinner.

  • AccommodationHotel
  • MealsLunch and Dinner

Today you go for a walk with your nature guide to see the one-horned rhino and tiger’s territory. You do activities like elephant rides, jeep rides through the jungle, boat rides and many other safari activities throughout the day. Enjoying the hot dinner in the evening.

  • AccommodationHotel
  • MealsBreakfast, Lunch and Dinner

Today you have a visit to the black sanctuary with a packed lunch after your breakfast. You drive to Babai Bridge and then walk upstream along the gorge of Babai River.

Passing through different varieties of flora and fauna into nature. Here at Babai River, you will be surprised by the fascinating sunset view. You return to the hotel in the evening and enjoy a lovely dinner.

  • AccommodationHotel
  • MealsBreakfast, Lunch and Dinner

Today you can take a rest or walk around the park until lunch. After lunch, you drive to the Nepalgunj airport to catch an onward flight to Kathmandu. The tour ends after you arrive at Kathmandu Airport.

  • MealsBreakfast and Lunch


  • Grounded transportation or Flight as per program
  • Full board meals and accommodation in Bardia
  • Bardia National Park entry fees
  • Necessary permit and entrance fees for activities in Bardia


  • Meals and accommodation in Kathmandu
  • Personal nature expenses
  • All kind of cold drinks and alcoholic beverage
  • Personal nature expenses 
  • Tips for the staffs (expected but not mandatory)

Similar Packages

Ask a Question