The only type of entry visa for Nepal is a"Tourist Visa on Arrival ( Kathmandu)."They have several re-entry points. You should still obtain a "Tourist Visa" to enter Nepal if you are travelling there for reasons other than tourism (such as sightseeing, tours, travel, mountaineering, trekking, or visiting friends and family).
What do you need to obtain a Nepal visa?
- A valid passport (The passport should have a validity of at least six months and must have at least a blank page for the visa stamp)
- Complete the application form online (can fill it up before your arrival by visiting our official website Department of Immigration before arriving at the entry point. It works for fifteen days and becomes invalid after)
- Visa fees should be paid in cash.
On-Arrival Visa Fee at Entry Points
- 15 Days – 30 USD
- 30 Days – 50 USD
- 90 Days – 125 USD
Visa Extension Fee
- Tourist visa extension is done for a minimum of 15 days with USD 45 and USD 3 per day for additional days.
- In the case of a delay of less than 150 days additional USD 5 per day a late fine.
Visa charges are not applicable for children under ten years of age. However, they must obtain a valid visa. Visa, once issued, cannot be amended, and the visa fees are non-refundable. Always carry your passport and trekking permit while trekking.