Shivapuri Peak Hike is a sentinel of tranquility and natural beauty, nestled in the center of Shivapuri National Park. The top, sometimes referred to as Shivapuri Baba, provides a welcome respite from the bustle of daily life. One of Nepal's best-known national parks, Shivapuri Nagarjun, is situated on the northern outskirts of the Kathmandu Valley.
The main attractions in this area are the breathtaking views from Shivapuri Peak, which rises to a height of 2,732 meters, and the historically notable nuns-only monastery Nagi Gumba, which is located at 1,985 meters. Beginning the hike at Budhanilkantha, the park's entrance, you'll come upon a famed Hindu shrine with a figure of Lord Vishnu lounging among a coil of serpents. Excellent views of the Kathmandu Valley and soaring Himalayan peaks can be seen on the climb up to the Shivapuri peak. En route to the Shivapuri Summit, there is a site named Baghdwar (2,514m), where a little gargoyle in the shape of a tiger stands. This is the source of the Holy River Bagmati.
The conservation area (national park) serves as a transitional region between subtropical and temperate climates. As a result, depending on altitude and aspect, the flora is made up of different kinds of natural forests, including pine, oak, rhododendron, etc. Additionally, this national park is home to a wide variety of exotic animals, including rhesus monkeys, leopards, jungle cats, and Himalayan black bears, among other mammalian species. In total, there are 129 different types of mushrooms, 102 different species of butterflies, including several rare and endangered species, and 177 different kinds of birds, including at least nine vulnerable species.
Major highlights you can experience in Shivapuri Peak Hike
- Worth seeing sites such as Budhanilkantha, Nagi Gompa, and Bagdwar, along with Shivapuri Hill itself
- Trek through a lush forest with fragrant pine trees and occasional wildlife sightings.
- Pass through vibrant rhododendron groves, adding a burst of color to the landscape.
- Enjoy 360-degree panoramic views from Shivapuri Peak, including the Kathmandu Valley and distant Himalayan peaks.
- Immerse yourself in the tranquility of the mountains.
- Magnificent views of the Himalayas, including the Annapurna range, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Gaurishanker, and a few peaks of the Rowling range